My Tractor Forum banner

Sticky valve on the '56' UTS Special

1422 3
My '56' UTS Special has been sitting since early spring this year. While checking things over I found water in the distributor and a sticky exhaust valve on the #1 cylinder. It appears that some water got in through the rocker cover retaining studs. Looks like I need to seal those up when I put it back together. The valve loosened up pretty easily by spraying some penetrating lube on the valve and tapping on the rocker lightly with a rubber mallet. I have the distributor torn down and will clean, bead blast, and lube all the parts before assembly.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Cleaned up and assembled the distributor today. I installed, static timed, and got it fired up. I figure on adjusting the valve's while things are opened up, but then I should be good to go.

Attachments

Adjusted the valves and set the timing with a timing light. The muffler is rotted out on the bottom so I figure I should get a new one to put on before I button it up.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.