My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you step on the 62" MMM deck on a 2305 when mounting & dismounting the seat? I never have as I always step over it. I saw a guy using his deck like a step when it was in the fully raised position. Is this no problem or not recomended? I'm sure if the deck was lower all the way to the ground it wouldn't be any issue, but when it's raised, it just makes me nervious about bending an arm

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not sure about the 2305, but I used the 62D on my 2520 as a step all the time. I figure my weight is nothing compared to the other forces the deck sees (never mind being driven on when loading/unloading).

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I step on mine on the 2305 I did on the X475 too
In the down position or fully raised up? I'm sure on the ground---no problem---but the guy I saw had his raised all the way up when he stepped on it. He was a plump fellow too.

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
I do too with my 62C in the up or down position. I weigh 200 lbs. :)

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I do a hop over on mine. slkpk

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't step on mine, I hop over it. Figure why put a load on it I don't need to. It's easy enough (for me) to step from the ground up to the operator's platform.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I step on my 62d all the time

·
MTF Poster
41 Posts
I have always stepped on my 62c when getting in or out of the tractor. I too am a "plump" fellow at 275 plus and never have had a problem in 7 years. With that said, I also have a cab on the 2210.

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Can you step on the 62" MMM deck on a 2305 when mounting & dismounting the seat? I never have as I always step over it.
JoeS , in my JD 62c Manual , it refers to the Bracket over the Left Side of the MMM Spindle , (as you're Sitting in the Seat) , a Step , but I don't use it , I always step over my MMM ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I always stepped over it on the 2305, now the z910 has the 7 iron pro deck and it has a step built onto it. When I bought it the dealer pointed it out specifically and mentioned not having to step over it. I took that to mean I had been doing it right all along.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Maybe a green tractor is tough enough to take the abuse but on my red tractor I came to the realization that I was knocking the deck out of adjustment by stepping on it. YMMV

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe a green tractor is tough enough to take the abuse but on my red tractor I came to the realization that I was knocking the deck out of adjustment by stepping on it. YMMV
That's what makes me a little queezy about stepping on mine. A skinny gal probably never would hurt a thing but a guy my size---:praying:

I never had any problem jumping over mine until last month when I tore my left hand up pretty good in an accident & had it wrapped up for a few weeks. It made getting off over the deck a little more challenging. That's what got me thinking if I could step on it like I saw the neigbor doing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Been stepping on my 2305's 62C for 4 years now. Up or down. Deck stays in alignment. I'm 240lbs. Deck and mounting points are solid. Maybe red ones aren't.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
out of curiosity, how stout are the MMM mounts on the 2305? On my 2520 they are around 1/2" steel, something my weight will have little negative influence on. In fact, I have on occasion accidentally used my MMM as a MM-Plow when cleaning up manure in the spring, deck is straight as the day I bought it..

·
Registered
484 Posts
ABSOLUTELY........... Use the deck as a step. Up or down. Getting onto of off the tractor.

With my knees having the high millage on them they have, I need that step.

In winter, I keep a small plastic bucket next to the wheel and kick it away from the tractor when I leave the shed.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 38 Posts