My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the gear and arm assembly for a Bolens G-14 (the two pieces that fit on the shaft), ive been looking for quite a while on ebay and havent found anything. If anyone has those two i would like to buy them from you, thanks for your time!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you are referring to part numbers 1713809 (steering gear) and 1716563 (steering arm), they are the same on the G14 as on most of the tube frame models from 1050 to 1256 and everything in between. I picked up a set on ebay last year for less than $20.
Don't wait for a set labeled "G14", or it could take a while.
Look at the parts manuals on Sonny Bolens' site and you'll see how many are identical parts and part numbers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are referring to part numbers 1713809 (steering gear) and 1716563 (steering arm), they are the same on the G14 as on most of the tube frame models from 1050 to 1256 and everything in between. I picked up a set on ebay last year for less than $20.
Don't wait for a set labeled "G14", or it could take a while.
Look at the parts manuals on Sonny Bolens' site and you'll see how many are identical parts and part numbers.
Thanks! Ill check it out. Those are the two parts i am looking for, what and where did you search for to find them?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It is really easy to find part numbers if you download the FREE parts manuals in PDF format from Sonny Bolens' site.

Look here:
http://sonnys_bolens.tripod.com/diagrams.htm

I have found that by downloading and having the manuals for virtually all of the Bolens garden tractor models, it is easy to check for parts that span models/years and to research interchangable years/parts.
These parts manusals are your best friend when you own an older Bolens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts