My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay just used my 300 for the first time to mow. It runs great and mows very well. The one thing i noticed is that it seems to turn harder then i think it should, Everything has been greased and it still seems hard. is this normal with this tractor or is there something that i should look at.

Thanks Krank

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
It shouldn't steer any harder than any other tractor. Did you lube the steering box also or just the spindles? There is a way to adjust the gear box also. I don't know the procedure off the top of my head but I'm sure someone will chime in :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
32,785 Posts
There is a grease fitting on the steering gearbox (these are always a pain to get to, at least on the 200 series they were). You should put some grease in there too. Watch adding it until you see a little come out on the rotating sector on the other side.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
To get to the steering column fitting on the right hand side as your sitting on the seat there is a through hole to put your grease gun fitting thru. If you open up the hood and look just behind your battery you should see a grease fitting . The manual says to only put 3 or 4 strokes to lub it. Hope this helps. Now if greasing that fitting doesnt help there is a way for Adjusting the steeriing gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts