My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
That's just photobucket working hard to kill their business. They semi-recently decided they want to charge a ridiculous amount of money to enable 3rd party sites to display pictures hosted by them, and pretty much nobody took them up on their offer.

There are some plugins for firefox/chrome/others? that sometimes work to enable you to see the correct picture, but they don't seem particularly effective for me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I see you have been continued to be busy since the last time I visited here!

That harvester head is simply amazing! It seems to work perfectly!

Do you help harvest neighbors land, or are all the plots shown in your videos yours?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I see you have been continued to be busy since the last time I visited here!

That harvester head is simply amazing! It seems to work perfectly!

Do you help harvest neighbors land, or are all the plots shown in your videos yours?
The harvest head is good, but the knife wheel ist to small for more and bigger corn. The machine was not planned for such big corn.

The plots are all all from me.

Greetings
Robert

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Self-built seed drill modification.
Since I also grow corn and sunflowers, rhizomes are still left after the harvest. These remain hanging in front of the Seed ploughshare. That's why I've built disc coulters now. These are hung individually and roll over obstacles. The coulter pressure is preset via a spindle and transmitted to the disk coulters by individual springs. Covering the seeds with soil take over the drag chains.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,546 Posts
Steelworker, your machines are excellent and function to do the work intended perfectly! I was stationed in Germany in the 1980's and came to appreciate the design and efficiency of the German equipment. Seeing your equipment reminded me of the work that I saw there.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Steelworker, Your fabrication skills are over the top. I'm impressed, but wonder how it is that you aren't employed by Klass or some other big firm designing and prototyping ag equipment? Or maybe you are.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I converted a disused wheeled tractor (mini truck) to be able to do light garden work with the device. I increased the ground clearance and made the front support wheels adjustable in height. From a canister, an old cordless screwdriver and a couple of pipes, I built a fertilizer metering device. The screw conveyor consists of a stainless steel spring and the speed is set using a speed controller. Before the first use, the driving speed was determined and the delivery rate of the dosing screw was determined. So I can assign a very precise fertilizer to the plants.
Video:

81 - 97 of 97 Posts