My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, since no one wanted to take a stab at my other post, I will try a different route. I have an old 116h that won't charge. From my research, it looks like the stock stator does not put enough power out for the lights, charging, and electric pto.

So, I plan on putting a 16v stator on, but I am not sure how it would need to be wired? Right now I have a 9v single wire stator. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Brew

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is exactly what I needed, unfortunately I am not smart enough to figure it out myself. :fing20:

My biggest problem is I am pretty much completely clueless on how everything works on these things.

from what I can tell, I have the "14 Volts AC for lighting circuit" stator (according to the one black wire with white connector). This wire runs in to a "diode module" that I have no idea what that does(anyone have a pinout?). I am sure it takes the current from the stator and uses it for different thing on the mower. It is split here with one wire running to the lights.

I don't know if I can get the ac only stator that has two wire, one 3 amp dc and the other 14a ac. Run the a/c side over to the diode module like it is now, and then run the DC side over to the solenoid to charge the battery, and call it good?

Brew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts