My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been using the Startron Gas Additive for about a year. My question is, if I accidently bought the Diesel version will it still work in Gas engines? I read both MSDS Sheets and it appears they are the same.
Thanks, SonnyT

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Sonny,
I was one of the diesel testers about 2 years ago. I found no difference between them. I just bought a diesel Bolens, so will be using what I have on hand. The diesel Startron is hard to find in my area.
Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
There actually is a difference.

The difference between the Diesel formula and the Gas formula is this: The diesel formula has 2x the concentration of active ingredient enzymes. That is why it treats more fuel per ounce compared to the gas formula. If all you can find is the gas formula and you need to treat diesel fuel, use 2 ounces of the Gas formula per XX gallons being treated.

You can use the Diesel formula in Gas-fueled engines with zero ill effect at the same dosage rate as called for diesel fuel.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There actually is a difference.

The difference between the Diesel formula and the Gas formula is this: The diesel formula has 2x the concentration of active ingredient enzymes. That is why it treats more fuel per ounce compared to the gas formula. If all you can find is the gas formula and you need to treat diesel fuel, use 2 ounces of the Gas formula per XX gallons being treated.

You can use the Diesel formula in Gas-fueled engines with zero ill effect at the same dosage rate as called for diesel fuel.
Thank you Bill!:thThumbsU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts