My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12.5 HP Vangaurd twin. 2999277-0108-01 engine that I replaced the starter on today. Engine cranks but will only start with starter fluid.

sat for about a year. I put new gas in it and drained the carb fuel bowl and lines to the carb.

Will only run if I spray starting fluid in the carb! How do I get it to run?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Maybe the jet in the carb is clogged from sitting so long. A small stiff wire will work nicely.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so on the top of the carb stick a small stiff wire down the tube with the jet or remove the jet, stick wire through it, and put it back?

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
You need to remove the fuel bowl and float and clean the mains, use a small piece of wire to clean the passages. Make sure fuel flows into the bowl prior to putting it back together.

Dan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to remove the fuel bowl and float and clean the mains, use a small piece of wire to clean the passages. Make sure fuel flows into the bowl prior to putting it back together.

Dan
Can you explain what mains are? I am looking at a diagram of my carb and I can see what the float and bowl. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nevermind! You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its running! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!! You were both right, carb was gummed up. I took off the bowl and blew out all the openings with compressed air! Sweet!!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I love it when a suggestion works out. Congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts