My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after asking around, I have found there's no GT pulling club in our area. There was one, but most of those folks went into mini rods.
I know there's an interest in this area for one.
So to all of you that belong to one could you please give some advise on the rules, dues, and any other info regarding your clubs.
We do have a pulling track in our town, so I believe the biggest issue is already addressed.
Deerhunter, I read the link you posted to your clubs rules.
Thanx that gives a good idea for that part.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
one thing to think about is all the various factors that insurance will play in this

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
I'm going to talk to the folks in charge of our city pulls.
The truck and tractor pulls are tonight.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i'm close, i may be intresred

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still looking into the details. But I'll post what I find out as soon as I can.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well after asking around, I have found there's no GT pulling club in our area. There was one, but most of those folks went into mini rods.
I know there's an interest in this area for one.
So to all of you that belong to one could you please give some advise on the rules, dues, and any other info regarding your clubs.
We do have a pulling track in our town, so I believe the biggest issue is already addressed.
Deerhunter, I read the link you posted to your clubs rules.
Thanx that gives a good idea for that part.
What class of pullers are you looking to start?
I started a club in northern Mi. Because things are bad in Mi. right now, i wanted to keep it cheep to get into. So right now we are running a single and twin class 850# 1050# and 1250# Stock only. We are running 17 to 20 tractors. It cost about $50.00 for insurance each time, and $120.00 for trophy's. We are not making any money this first year, but it holds its own.
later Paul
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Northmigardentractorpullers/

Attachments

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Paul, the stock is what I was thinking. I know how things are here, it sure ain't easy. Thanks for the link too.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Thanks Paul, the stock is what I was thinking. I know how things are here, it sure ain't easy. Thanks for the link too.
i'd def, be intrested. and if you need help, let us know:trink39:

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
Paul, where do u get ur insurance?? My uncle is starting a club here where Im at and so far we have made a waiver form so you cant sue, and thats working but if insurance is only $50, thats CHEAP!!! Any info you have PLEASE let me know!! SS12 how close are you to me? We got a decent little club going here, but we are done for the year...

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
looks like 4 hours plus away, but who knows. i've gone farther then that for less fun

·
2,456 Posts
haha i drove to as close as you could get to Canada to pick up an ST16!!!! and 2 hrs to get a junk puller frame!!! hehe tell me about stupidity!!!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
haha i drove to as close as you could get to Canada to pick up an ST16!!!! and 2 hrs to get a junk puller frame!!! hehe tell me about stupidity!!!
will you drive to CT to do some dealin?? haha

·
Registered
412 Posts
Paul, where do u get ur insurance?? My uncle is starting a club here where Im at and so far we have made a waiver form so you cant sue, and thats working but if insurance is only $50, thats CHEAP!!! Any info you have PLEASE let me know!! SS12 how close are you to me? We got a decent little club going here, but we are done for the year...
Paul here. It is $50.00 per pull.
Bush Ins. Agency LLC Matt Bush PH 231-592-8030 Fax231-592-8060
120 N Warren Big Rapids Mi. 49307-1460. Why do you stop pulling so soon.
We love to pull so we pull as long as we can. Later Paul

·
2,456 Posts
Ya I wanted to keep going but its our first year and everything is owned by my uncle and he is getting ready to start the winter circut with the NQS.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
paul here. We are suppose to have a pull this Sun. but it is not looking to good here in north mi. I have never seen a summer like this, Rain , rain rain. I think i need to build a track dryer!! Or maybe a astro-dome!!!. Might have to raise hook fees to $100.00.
later paul

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
New England Antique Truck Tractor (www.NEATTA.org) in Rehoboth, MA group has pulls every month, usually, plus 2 sell/swap shows per year. They have joined a group referred to as EDGE, whatever that is, that provides insurance, etc. NEATTA membership is with both NEATTA and EDGE. Their website has more info. Don't know insurance rates, coverage or whatever, but NEATTA covers all New England, and they attend parades, fairs, shows, you name it. They're there.
They pull lawn/garden machines thru to the big 'farm' stuff, on their own track, with 2 portable size weight machines. Their rules are also on their website.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts