My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for this starter. A used one. My Grandma has a L112 John Deere Tractor that is 36 years old. Its a 1985 riding tractor. All it needs is a starter that I can't find. My Uncle has this starter and tried to get someone to fix it but the person that he took it to couldn't fix it. I don't know what to do now. I have searched all over the internet and can't find a used one. Help!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
42,365 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Welcome to MTF. There is no L112 and the L series that do exist is from much later. It is REALLY important to get the right information about what you seek if you want to find the right parts. Based on the other information you provided, it is probably a 112L which was only made in 1985.

This has a Kawasaki FB460V, but you should confirm that by looking at the label on the engine.

I found this starter with about 30s of looking.

I have no idea if it is any good or not, but at about $50 it is not too expensive. How do you know it is the starter that that is bad? Maybe the real issue is something else.

·
Premium Member
2019 JD X570, 1996 JD 445, 2003 L110, 1978 212
1,215 Posts
Available on Amazon and Walmart websites. Searched for the exact numbers listed on your old unit Hitachi S114-434
Font Circle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to MTF. There is no L112 and the L series that do exist is from much later. It is REALLY important to get the right information about what you seek if you want to find the right parts. Based on the other information you provided, it is probably a 112L which was only made in 1985.

This has a Kawasaki FB460V, but you should confirm that by looking at the label on the engine.

I found this starter with about 30s of looking.

I have no idea if it is any good or not, but at about $50 it is not too expensive. How do you know it is the starter that that is bad? Maybe the real issue is something else.
It is the original starter. Yes, it is a 112L. I didn't realize that made a huge difference. Thank you for correcting me!!!!

·
Premium Member
2019 JD X570, 1996 JD 445, 2003 L110, 1978 212
1,215 Posts
I tried to copy a link however I believe it would have taken you to my account. Very easy look up though and under $100 new.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
It looks like you have a few choices for a new/replacement starter. But, it won't help if there is another problem. If you are certain someone did proper troubleshooting and only the old starter is defective, any of the new ones should solve your problem.

·
Premium Member
22,008 Posts
It is the original starter. Yes, it is a 112L. I didn't realize that made a huge difference. Thank you for correcting me!!!!
As mentioned by the others, are you sure it is the starter that is the issue? What does happens when you turn the key? Also, looks like from your photo the solenoid has been removed from the starter and the new ones appear to have the solenoid attached. Once again, at what point did you get involved in this project?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts