My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever changed starter on L118? Can it be removed without removing the fly wheel. I am a 70 yr old man with a bad back and the other day I briefly looked for the mounting bolts but could not see them. Maybe if I lay down on the ground I will be able to see them. It was 90+ deg. the other day when I tryed to find them so I when inside under the air conditioner. Will have to back out and change the starter to be able to cut grass again. I have installed a new battery and the starter would not do anything. I gues I burned it up trying to start machine the other day. Had to install a new fuel pump because fuel was not getting to carb. Then found starter will not turn.

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

Daniel Long
Email address: [email protected]

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Hi Daniel, I've got an L120, never had to replace the starter luckily. But you had me curious on this and I took a look at the John Deere Parts Catalog for you L118 and it has some good diagrams and parts breakdown on the site for your machine. You might want to take a look there when you get a chance and see if it helps any :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts