My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey GB, nice job on the rear wheels. I need to do my rear wheels on my 2414, did you brush them or spray them? I have not take them off yet. When it warms up I plan to do it. I spray painted my front wheels. I had to mask off the tire. The rears seem awful large to mask off.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey GB, nice job on the rear wheels. I need to do my rear wheels on my 2414, did you brush them or spray them? I have not take them off yet. When it warms up I plan to do it. I spray painted my front wheels. I had to mask off the tire. The rears seem awful large to mask off.
Hi I used a wire wheel in my side arm grinder to clean off the rust luckly it was mostly surface rust then I sprayed them with rattle can paint & primer, was careful and kept the overspray to a min on the tire and cleaned up what there was with lacquer thinner that was the right side left one had the tire off for rim repair so just primed and painted it then had the tire mounted Thanks

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got the 3L link belt a couple of days ago so this morning I installed it the 3L fit into the pulley V as good as it gets ran the engine and it runs true and the generator generates, hitched up the plow (just in case we get a January thaw) well really to test how well the lift is working and if there were any leaks all was / is good I like this old tractor and just may look for a set of gang reel mowers as that was sold with this tractor back in 1950.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts