My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally went and tore the old Murray 18 twin to pieces.I am rebuilding it from the ground up,new bushings,pins steering etc.I have the frame stripped and painted,most of the engine metal painted and cleared as well as alot of the other parts.I am now going to tear the rear axle apart and rebuild it.I have the Ag tires for the rear and new golf cart tires on the front.I want to make a 3 point hitch hook up with a electric cylinder from a gator.I'll try to load pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
YES YES YES !!!! :thThumbsU

Please post pics as you go. I'm sure the Murray regulars like myself will love it.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
YES YES YES !!!! :thThumbsU

Please post pics as you go. I'm sure the Murray regulars like myself will love it.
:ditto: Cant wait to see the pics

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
:ditto: That Trans-axle takes 80w-90 gear oil just so you know what to put in it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.I did some more work to it,no pics yet.I have to swap the front axle with the sears I have that look identical.The bushing seized and wore the axle.I need to clean and paint the rearend and start putting it back together.I will need help after wiring it up.The guy who had it cut the harness to all the safety switches.:fing32:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Do you have a model number? I may have a parts schematic I can email you, may come in handy. I have most Murray parts lists from 1974 to 1989. You can PM me or post here - either way.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay thanks.I'll check in the morning and get the info from you.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
Hey...now I think I got one of then Murries stashed in my mower garage....missin some engine tin on the topside....but I do remember the engine to b turnnin free too... big tires ...12 inch on rear....5 bolt lug type...

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Hey...now I think I got one of then Murries stashed in my mower garage....missin some engine tin on the topside....but I do remember the engine to b turnnin free too... big tires ...12 inch on rear....5 bolt lug type...
It most likely has a Tecumseh 4-speed Cast Iron tranny. They are very strong, that why it is going to be my pulling tractor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts