My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this up this evening for $50.....It is a bit rough around the edges and missing the seat, and front tires. Engine isn't locked up, but it is a Tec and it has that stupid plastic carb. It is also missing the carb bowl and looks like the float and needle valve would be gone then, too. I can get tires and a seat easy enough, but I need to check the engine for any signs of life before I start locating the missing stuff. $50 was a bit much for it, but I'll be alright if the engine will run at all. It has one bad spindle and blade is gone on it, so other than that the deck is in good shape. We'll see how I do on this one. All depends on the engine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Thats the same as the original Scotts tractors when Murray had the contract. Does that have the lighted dash? That may have just been on the bigger ones.

Attachments

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it doesn't have the deluxe lighted dash. Just a standard metal dash. Just noticed the throttle cable is missing on it, too.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
OK hankll, now you just gotta get her looking like this....

Attachments

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BBY, you know me, I do makem look pretty good, but really! Like new?! Ok, if the engine is a runner I can get close to that?

OH, I failed to mention that I did get the side panels for below the hood.

And I'll check the SEWarehouse, thanks for that link. I might get lucky with my junk yard guy, too. And even the engine doesn't run,He might have another engine, I'll just have have to fork over $250 for a decent engine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Keep us posted on how the refurb. goes. I was always curious as to why they mainly used Tecumseh engines on those Stanley tractors.
Yesterday I found a decent '94 or so 11/38 on CL that supposedly runs good but has a bad transaxle. I've got a good used Spicer 5 speed out of that old 12.5/40 that I parted out to put in it. Unfortunately, the wife said no.:fing20:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts