My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I still enjoy and even look forward to mowing my lawn with my various machines... but I have a question about obsicles and the staggered wheel deck.

Since I was a kid, I could jump up curbs, etc with my "normal" mowers by simply leaning the mower back, placing the front wheels on the obstical, and lifting the back up as I move forward and over. Not so much with the Lawnboy.

Do you seasoned LB vets have any tips on jumping holes and curbs? Right now I just lift mine up into the yard. Sometimes I put the front-most wheel up on the curb, grab the handle and apply a counter-clockwise torque, and lift the mower up and over. Puts a lot of stress on that one wheel for sure!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yep get it up on the front left and twist it up.

I remember when I was 10'ish I was told to "Grab the handle low johnny, you dont want to bend it!" Heh

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
Get the front wheel up on the curb and twist, or back up and pull.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, looks like I'm doing pretty much what the pro's do. Still feels awkward...

When I redo my driveway I will make a Lawnboy-friendly transition into the lawn. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, I've got stategically placed "LB assist ramps, or LBAR's) all around.
:D Yes, I just made some ramps to assist in wheeling my lawnboys up onto a tall shelf in my garage (about 4' off the ground). The big failure is that I used 2x4s. Doh! :banghead3

Yep, I need at least a 2x6 for the right side. Oh well, I just tilt it back and push it up the ramps on the rear wheels for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts