My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a ST54 with the Bluetooth module and it worked when I last used the mover 4 months ago. Since then I have a new iPhone 11 and it doesn't show up and I can't logon to the app any longer. Cub Cadet support is useless because they subcontracted the Bluetooth module from another company that sucks, and it is my problem and not Cub Cadets!! Is there warranty really this useless!

Does anyone have a phone number from Cub Cadet that is not 1-877-428-2349 or [email protected]? Hopefully someone in management that cares about customers. Because after calling 10+ times & sending several e-mails I am still nowhere on a fix other than a trash dump for a $3,000 new machine. I will never buy an MTD product again!

·
We're all friends here
14,165 Posts
The app you are referring to is just a maintenance tracker. Do you dislike the tractor? Companies that outsource digital features usually have little control over the app once it is released. It is up to the company that produced the app to release updates as necessary. I wouldn't beat up the tractor manufacturer based on an app that they did not make that is incompatible with your new phone. That is a common problem in many industries. Try calling the app designer. Maybe there is an update available, and at least they will know that their app isn't working with the newer phones.

·
4,136 Posts
Hi Jaeigler...I would like to welcome you to MTF but i have to let you know that this is not a forum for anyone to let off steam about any brand.....have you tried going back to the phone store and asking them to look into the problem?......If you just spent a lot of money for the tractor it should last you quite a while and I hope that it serves you well enough that you forget about this episode...sounds like a nice machine...how about showing us some pictures of it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If they can't support there own hardware, they should not sell it?

·
Administrator
5,403 Posts
Hmmmmmm....Was just thinking about this, but isn't John Deere, like many companies these days that claim that you may own their tractor, but they own the technology that runs it....Like software etc. They own it, they should support it.....Just something to think about.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
They own the code, but every license document includes something along the lines of "we don't say this stuff works at all, let alone does something useful"...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If my phone was doing the maintenance on my Cub I'd be ****** if it quit then again I bought a XT3GSX so I do my own maintenance and my phone bluetooth music to my ear buds while I mow. Maybe get a Samsumg S10 Plus they work better than falling Apples trying to work on Cubs.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
If my phone was doing the maintenance on my Cub I'd be ** if it quit then again I bought a XT3GSX so I do my own maintenance and my phone bluetooth music to my ear buds while I mow. Maybe get a Samsumg S10 Plus they work better than falling Apples trying to work on Cubs.
"Hello CUB Cadet customer service, how may I help you?"

"Yeah, my stupid phone left the drain plug loose on my tractor when it changed the oil and it fried the motor."
'???"

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
"Hello CUB Cadet customer service, how may I help you?"

"Yeah, my stupid phone left the drain plug loose on my tractor when it changed the oil and it fried the motor."
'???"
Cub customer service;
Sorry Sir we don't have such a varmint in our arsenal, we make tractors not phones. Try Apple or Samsung or any other communications company, again we make tractors not phones.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Cub customer service;
Sorry Sir we don't have such a varmint in our arsenal, we make tractors not phones. Try Apple or Samsung or any other communications company, again we make tractors not phones.
Well GawDingDangit! How am I supposed to call my grass? What kinda company are you???

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.