My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've install my new to me blower on my new to me st16 and I cant seem to find info online concerning the proper set up. When I lift the blower, the belt loosens and falls off. It tightens when I lower it. I've adjusted the mount brackets all the way to provide the proper radius and it doesnt help. Maybe I have the wrong bracket for this application. Its a 1974 st16 with a sears blower that has a gear box on the right front corner. I'll post model numbers later. Any opinions? Maybe that's the way they are?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the same setup it sounds like, and think you may just be missing a belt gaurd. I'll have to look at mine. Mine took a 1" different belt than called for, don't remember which way.

·
Administrator
5,720 Posts
My 76 ST16 has a loop around the idler pulley that the belt goes through....also, another guide near the front pulley....I think those help keeps everything lined up

Also, your belt looks awful loose....maybe need a shorter belt

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
X2, shorter belt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The blower is a 917-250620. the tractor is a 917-25743.
That pic is with the idler backed off. It becomes tight when you push it ahead.
There is a loop at the idler, but nothing on the engine pulley. (the engine pulley is where the belt falls off). I noticed in a lot of pics there is a cover on that pulley.

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
The blower is a 917-250620. the tractor is a 917-25743.
That pic is with the idler backed off. It becomes tight when you push it ahead.
There is a loop at the idler, but nothing on the engine pulley. (the engine pulley is where the belt falls off). I noticed in a lot of pics there is a cover on that pulley.
I had one of the links wrong in my previous post. ( since corrected), but This Manual is for Model Number 917.250660. probably the exact same model.. just different year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That link is exactly what i need. The model number is different but it has the blower set up. The front of the blower needs to be vertical with 3/4 of an inch space between the belt with blower up and clutch engaged. I'll try that. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't know if that is a good price. In fact, I can't say for sure that it even fits the tractor you have. I simply posted the link to show you a picture of what the cover looks like.

If you go to searspartsdirect.com you should be able to enter you model number for the tractor you own and the the part number for the cover. Then if you enter model numbers for other tractors, you can compare.

Others with more experience may be able to give more direct answers. I just don't know for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts