My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New guy here. Picked up a 79' Craftsman SS16 the other day from my cousin's place. Its in great shape, everything was working on it last time it ran (5 years go or so), mower deck is good, has a 3pt hitch on the back and it came with a plow and back blade, there is also a single stage snow blower down there for it I have yet to pick up. I got it running last night, didn't take much, just some fresh gas and a fresh battery. It needs some mufflers, the ones on it are shot, so if anybody could point me in the right direction there that would be great.
Best part of it all is, its was FREE :)

Here are some pictures..

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,677 Posts
:Welcome1: Mac102004! That's a great score right there. And with some nice attachments to top it off. Congrats!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice find! Didn't know Craftsman had such usable stuff. You gonna paint it or leave it as is....looks like it's well worth some restoration...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Use the thing for now and restore it over the winter. Very nice find and good luck with it in the future!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Do I see I little door for a oil filter ? That might be a 18 ? There is a model number by the battery.

nice score !

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!
I'm going to play with it for now, probably restore it over the winter.

That is the seat that was on it when I got it, not a crack in it, no idea how old but its at least 9 years old.

Its definitely the 16 because I got all of the manuals and books with it as well, unless it had a 18hp Onan swapped in at some point :)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I don't think they change the engine. If your manual says 16 thats what it is.

Good luck on the mufflers. They can be hard to find and not cheap to buy.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Good looking tractor. Great score.

·
2,261 Posts
Welcome to the forum,and congrats on your freebie.

TOMMY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts