My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'72 SS-15
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1972 SS15 that is midway through complete restoration and I am hoping someone here can assist me with some photographs of their own SS15. The B&S engine is completely assembled except for the caburator and governor linkages and I cannot find anywhere that shows how these need to be assembled. If someone can post some pics of their B&S engine on their SS15 in this area and post them that would be extremely helpful or if you know of a website that clearly shows this assembly. Any help would be appreciated.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,645 Posts
Googling that number shows a Briggs single. I took several photos, I probably have 10 or so of those engine types, but only half have carbs on them.
This one shows how the governor hooks up. Yours has a different style carb but the governor hooks up like this smaller hp one.
I have a couple of 16hp engines if you would rather, but they are hard to photograph, being black gunk on black gunk.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just rebuilt one of these. It's waiting on paint.

In the first photo you see the throttle bracket. The throttle cable jacket threads into the holes here with a locknut on the jacket to hold its position. The rod on the right side of this bracket goes down to the left side of the pivoting linkage on the side of the block. The tip of the throttle cable hooks into an eyelet stamped into the side of this rod.

The carb is connected to the tip of the governor arm by a rod.

Then there are two springs connecting the pivoting linkage on the side of the block to the governor arm.

That's about it...

·
'72 SS-15
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks collins and mccarty. That clears it up for me completely. My connecting rod for the throttle broke right at the stamped portion so I will need to make a new one of those (lucky for me my father-in-law owns a machine shop) but I will put the rest together tonight and post a picture as soon as I can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.