My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've always wanted an FEL and backhoe as long as I can remember. So I started on my journey to build one. My first candidate for this project was a GT6000, not what I really wanted but would do with lots of work.

Well, last week I found a SS14 and fell in love! I overpayed for the machine, but I really wanted it, and over the last year, I have beat the bushes around here for a suitable machine, with no luck. My patience was gone. So here are a few pics of the GT and of the SS.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
With the ability of self-welding themselves--sometime the ole saw is the only answer.I'd look on either ebay or ask [email protected] Joes outdoor power--He's a sponsor here as well-He sells on ebay.:trink40:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
what did you pay for it? SS14's are kinda rare

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hugh, I paid 300 for it. After filing the points and cleaning the carb, it fired right up. Runs great, drives smooth(unbelievable since half the drive pulley bearings are in pieces). Lots and lots of rust!! But hopefully I can find a sandblast co local and remedy that! It does not have the original tank but everything else is complete. I hope parts are still available for this engine, because I really want to open it and check rings and crank bearings and replace gaskets since I'm gonna repaint the whole machine. Even though it runs great, no smoke, knocks or pings, I want to make sure I don't have a failure down the line!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
300 for a running driving one isnt bad. they were made in 71 and 71 only. they are pretty rare machines

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I do need a hood support brace though, if anyone has one laying around or pics and measurements of one so I can fab.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
fabbing one should be fairly easy. it runs from the dash tower to the grille. you could measure and cut a 1" wide flat piece of stock, and have that be your brace

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fabbing one should be fairly easy. it runs from the dash tower to the grille. you could measure and cut a 1" wide flat piece of stock, and have that be your brace
Yes, but I need the correct distance so the alignment is correct, I could move the grill back and forth over an inch, so I need the correct spacing.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Those braces are a dime a dozen on fleabay. If you're going through the trouble to blow it that far apart and redo it, what's a few more dollars. Should be sweet when finished!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I may b in trouble! Looks like I'm driving a couple hours this week to look at anther ss14! This could turn obsessive!:fing20:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts