My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a Sears SS14. I have a question about the mule drive pulleys. The manual says they are part numbers 634A565 and 634A566. Are those 4" pulleys or 5" pulleys?

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello!

I have a Sears SS14. I have a question about the mule drive pulleys. The manual says they are part numbers 634A565 and 634A566. Are those 4" pulleys or 5" pulleys?

Thanks.
Hello!

Thanks.
Does anybody know?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Measured the idlers on my spare mule drive and they are 4" OD, one v and one flat. I didn't check the drives on my two decks but I'm pretty sure they are the same. Both decks are later vintage than my '67 HydroTrac. Size would be limited by the space inside the belt guide.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your effort and response! I was hoping you would say 4". My issue is that the manual shows 634A565 as the part number for the V pulley. I found what was supposedly a 634A565 online and purchased it, but it's a 5" pulley.

As you suggested, it's too big for the belt guide that I have. Furthermore, even without the belt guide on there, it causes the belt to rub the top of the deck. It looks like Sears PartsDirect still offers one that is a direct replacement for the 634A565. Hopefully it's 4" and not 5". If not, I guess I can have a Pulley Sale!! :LOL:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I chatted with the guy at Sears PartsDirect, and he verified that his pulley was a 4" pulley, so I ordered it. I opened the box today, and guess what?

That's right! I'm the proud owner of yet another 5" V-idler pulley! Sears says this is a direct replacement for the original 634A565. Now I'm starting to wonder if I have the wrong belt guide or something, since mine doesn't fit a 5" pulley.

So I guess I'm back to my original question: Does anyone know for sure if the SS14 mule drive is supposed to have 4" or 5" pulleys? If the answer is 4", does anyone know where I could get one (V-idler specifically)?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
6,928 Posts
Google "4" v idler", and select one with the right i.d. to match whatever spacer/bushing/bolt is used to mount it, and for the right size belt (likely either 1/2" or 5/8").

1 - 7 of 7 Posts