My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1970 SS12 is driving me up a wall, I have been tinkering with the carb trying to bring down rpm during idle. It idles in what I think is about medium throttle for an SS12 with an HH120 Tecumseh but there is no change when I adjust the idle or high speed screws. I can adjust the screws off what the manual says to start at but there's no change back and forth 1 turn so I think the settings provided by the manual are correct for this motor but it idles way to fast. This fast idle I think is creating a massive vibration that numbs my feet after driving for a couple minutes. I don't think the mounting bolts are loose because the engine does not shake around at a different shake than the frame.

Any ideas? I really don't want to play with the governor because the last time I touched a governor lever bad things happened.

Thanks!:thanku:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Have you cleaned the carb?99% of the time when i have a tractor that's untunable it needs a carb rebuild :fing32:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
or an intake leak

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
or if the screws from the butterfly screws fell off in the motor.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Do you have the idle screw, the one that MOVES the throttle, adjusted so it runs at half throttle?

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have the idle screw, the one that MOVES the throttle, adjusted so it runs at half throttle?
that was the problem, how I missed it I don't know. I must have part-timers.

thanks for the help!!!

:thanku::thanku::thanku::thanku:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts