My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SS 18 with an Onan engine. Engine # BG-MS/2980A and the carb is leaking gas from the low speed adjusting jet. Is there supposed to be an o-ring, or gasget to prevent this? Any help would be appreciated very much. Thanks, Litz

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
based on the repair manual, only the high speed or main jet (the one towards the front of the tractor or facing the carb the one on the right) has an o-ring. The low speed or idle circuit screw only has a spring on it. It should only be out about 1 turn give or take. Is it out too far?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine runs fine, and the jet is turned out a little over 1 turn. The engine is in an SS 18. Is it possible that the threads in the jet have worn to the point of leaking?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
The engine runs fine, and the jet is turned out a little over 1 turn. The engine is in an SS 18. Is it possible that the threads in the jet have worn to the point of leaking?
possibility... you could wrap it in teflon tape. I have done that in the past with good success.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The teflon tape seems to be working fine! I wrapped the threads on the jet a couple hours ago and so far it's dry! thx again, Litz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts