My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been my project for the last couple months. I took the original 16hp onan that was using as much oil as you could put in out and stuffed the N52M big block onan in its place.:trink40: This was not exactly easy to do, first I had to change the side panels around to the new style with the clutch built in. Then I had to change the battery tray around because of the size of the engine. Then I switched gas tanks due to the metal tank kept leaking no matter how many times I "fixed" it. Next I painted it with some Martin Senor paint that I got at a local flea market for $ 1.25 a can. Put my $20 set of 55lbs wheel weights on it and this is what it look like. Still need to do some touch up but I promised Hugh some pics.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,845 Posts
Whew, talk about a bowling ball in a marble bag.........pretty cool, I like it :thThumbsU

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Nice work Skip! I think its safe to say you have the only "SS/19.9" :D

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Sharp looking rig...wolf in sheeps clothing :)

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Looks like you need those wheel weights to hold the back of the tractor down. That motor is huge. What about painting the flywheel cover to match the tractor? Just an idea. Looks awesome :)

·
Sears/Craftsman Owner
803 Posts
Looks like it's ready to do your bidding! Nice job on the retrofit!

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
:howdy: I LIIiikes it!! :thThumbsU

Comes with it's own contoured engine compartment hood!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, Tractor #2 you need to get your going so you can experience the power for yourself.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
His isnt the big block ;)

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Ever thought of a stack Skip?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Though about it but I am broke, I was hoping to go original, but with the price the mufflers are going for is ridiculous. Maybe after the snow flies and I get some money from some snow blower's I'll rig up a better exhaust.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
I see that you have pepper shaker mufflers screwed on there already, so if you spend maybe $40 in pipes and a stack you would have a badass sounding tractor. all you need is a T junction, 3 elbows, a union, and some nipples :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The pipes that I used are all left over from the ss15 stack, and what I had around.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
SS
that baby sure fills the engine compartment.
BUT, you have only 52 C.I.
you could have gone with NHC, T 260 or P224.
they all have 60 c.i.
all of your parts would have bolted up, and you would be the only one to know different.
WAY more torque and 4 to 5 H.P. more.
NOW, i bet i have you thinking???
thank you. boomer. (the used onanengine parts guy)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts