My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tractor fan
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
Hope each of you are doing well on this Friday. Not much progress (photo worthy) has taken place since my last post. I have managed to pull the rear finders and start the sanding, brushing, grinding process for primer and repaint. I'll post some pics when I have more to brag about. Lol. Any how, I was working on my little gem and it occurred to me that I have no reference for a couple overlay decals I'd like to use far in the future. One is of the ID placard above the gear shift, the other on the main console (please forgive me for not using their technical name.) As you can see by the attached photos it's pretty hard to see what Sears initially displayed on each emblem. I realize I'm far ahead of my self but as I mentioned earlier I'd like to have someone generate an overlay decal of each to make the little 12 as close to original as possible. If any of you can take a photo of your emblems/placards/decals of your SS super 12 that I can use or submit for reference I'd be most grateful.

Thank you so much,

Dave

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
looks like you have an orange suburban, which would lead me to believe its about a 1968. its got a 12hp tecumseh hh120, and is a great tractor

·
Tractor fan
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Hugh-SS16. Like so many new comers to this forum I'm pretty novice about my tractor and appreciate any insight and information folks can share with me. I may be wrong but I think the original color to my tractor was that blue/green color judging by the frame and transaxle. All though you have gotten my wheels to turning..... The placard above the gear shift has a model # I was able to make out 91725121 telling me it was a 67 SS-12. But as you mentioned the main console decals are in orange opposed to the blue color. Do you think that the entire cast iron piece along with the metal that covers the frame may not be original to the tractor?

Thanks,
Dave in CA.

Attachments

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
`Id guess yours was a 1967 SS-12 ,painted originally with that bluish-green metallic color..my 1967 SS-12 is also model number 917.25121 and thats what mine looks like,its unmolested as far as paint..has the same woodgrained dash with the lighter socket (which is missing on mine !)..someone probably used red oxide primer or orange paint to touch up rusted areas?..

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
can you post pictures of the grille?

·
Tractor fan
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope the picture helps HughSS-16. Please let me know if it you see anything that seems out of the ordinary. Sure could use your help Tractor-Holic if you're incline. Since you have a little work horse that's a mate to mine I'd would appreciate seeing a couple up close photos of the dash and maker plate above the gear shift if it isn't to much of an imposition. As I mentioned earlier I'd like to have some decals made that would overlay the original emblems but need some sort of visual guide to detail the decals correctly. Thank you all for the input and help. I'll keep you posted as work continues.

Type to you soon,
Dave in Ca.

Attachments

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
I cant help much there,I cant post pictures..if you search for the thread "Tractor-Holic's Collection" on the Backyard Round Table Forum you'll see some photos of my SS-12 that a friend posted with his cell phone..unfortunately I have no camera or the ability to post any pictures..

My shifter plate isn't in much better shape than yours is either,its pretty corroded..looks like auminum?..my grill is like yours,and I think its cast aluminum ,not the usual fiberglass like most Suburbans had..

·
Tractor fan
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tractor-Holic,

Thank you just the same I appreciate the help. I'm pretty sure that my grill is cast aluminum as well. Take care and talk to you soon.

Dave

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
its cast aluminum, and you have a franken-burban... i think that grill is 68-69

·
Tractor fan
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Franken-burban" lol, I like that. So much for original. Just the same It'll be fun to bring it back to life and make her shine again. Thanks for the help Hugh-SS/16.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts