My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer asking the following question and I can't find the answer. Does anyone know how this guide is installed?
My dad just gave me his SRX95 and I recently removed the deck to install new blades. I'm having some trouble figuring out how the belt guides reinstall at the back of the engine pulley. The guide at the back is straight forward, but the guide closer to the front of the tractor is a little harder to make out in the drawing in the manual. It almost looks like the mower belt travels through the u shape in the front guide but if so it sure looks like it may rub on the guide from time to time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Travis

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe for the SX and SRX series that the guide just needs to be close, as the top of the guide, like the rear one, is also stepped in towards the upper pulley, making it sort of obvious how it’s installed.:confused:

That is, the belt does not go through the lower “U” shape of the guide.

It's been a few months since one has come in for service, so I'm a little hazzy on the specifics.

The clearance between the edge of the sheave and the belt guide at the front of the Jack Sheave should be around 1.5 – 3.0 mm.

Clear as mud??? :fest30:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts