My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 1968 110, has been running great until a few days ago. I was blowing snow and it started losing power. Limped back to the garage and shut it off. Wouldn't start again. Took carb apart, float was sketchy, bought a new carb and installed. Still won't start and it's spitting gas out the front of the carb. Some kind of combustion is happening, because I can see a tiny bit of exhaust smoke coming out. I sprayed a bit of carb cleaner in the carb and cranked it and might have seen a small flame out of the exhaust pipe.

When I'm cranking it if I push the throttle more than a tiny bit, the cranking slows. If I close the throttle it speeds back up. Very strange. Any ideas?

·
Registered
JD317, JD318, JD430GT
375 Posts
I would drain the carb of all fuel and then pinch off the fuel line going to the carb so it cant get any more gas. Crank for a little bit to clear any fuel form the intake etc. Then give it a squirt of starting fluid and see if you can get it to start. If you can't start on starting fluid, then you have a problem beyond the carb. If you can start with fluid, the carb is your culprit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts