My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how much interest there is in this, but figured I would post a review just in case anyone is in the market for a broadcast spreader.

Assembly was very easy, arrived in one large box and took about 30 minutes to put together. An extra set of hands would have helped, but I managed just fine by myself. Parts quality was nice, although the only part that I don't like is the screen that sits above the hole- I ended up taking it out and not using it. It might work good with certain fertilizers, but after 3 or 4 times that it wouldn't let seed through I pulled it out.

I used this quite a bit over the weekend and found the hopper to be a nice size, I'm very glad I didn't get the smaller one. To start, it holds 50 lbs of fescue seed with about 2" at the top. The height is great as well, I'm short (5'7") and had no problems filling it.

The spreader is extremely stable- my front yard is about 300' by 600' and I had no problems even on extremely steep parts. The yard is steep enough that I would not attempt it without filled tires and weights up front, yet this never looked like it was going to tip.

As for the operation, overall I'm very happy with it. Even when I loaded 120 lbs of fertilizer it worked great. The on/off control lever worked great as well, the one time it moved open and dumped when I didn't want it to was easily fixed by tightening the bolts holding it together. It is a very "positive" on and off.

My one complaint is the little piece of wire I think they called a "mixer" in the manual. There were a few times when nothing was coming out and i had to get off to shake the spreader. Not sure if this is because of the grass seed, but it only happened a couple times. Could also be operator error- it was my first time using it.

Attachments

·
hey, 300 plus
459 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I am planning on purchasing a broadcast spreader in the future and will add this one to the list to look at. Appreciate you taking the time for the rest of us!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts