My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my trailer out from behind the spruce trees this past weekend to empty a few things out of it. It was quite messy with all the tree droppings etc. from sitting all winter. After I got it empty I went to the car wash to blast it out clean. Noticed some chipping paint etc. and thought I'd scrape the frame and put a fresh coat of rust enamel red on it. I took the fenders off and blasted and sprayed them. The rest I rolled and used a brush. It looks brand new, almost! I then sprayed the sideboards with latex redwood stain. I used the enamel on the floor plywood too. I think it'll protect it good now. I'm also going to cover it from now on with a tarp or something. It's a really well made trailer by KARAVAN.

Now my question, Are the rubber bearing covers supposed to stay in or out? by this I mean the rubber nub, kinda like and inny or outty belly button. I try to keep them in but keep popping out.
I also noticed that 1 wheel inside was plastered with grease. Took it apart tonight and will get new seal tomorrow.

Thanks.

MU

Attachments

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
Nice looking trailer!

I have never seen anything like your "nub". Is there a grease zerk on the hub somewhere?

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Which nub is popping out, the side that leaked or the side that didn't? I'm guessing the side that doesn't and that internal pressure from heat expansion is the cause.

They make spring loaded caps for boat trailers with a grease zerk that maintains constant pressure against the seal to keep water out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts