My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Thanks!
how was the scope as far as fitting the Diana 34? My airhawk is a clone of that gun, so I was winding how it fit as far as eye relief and clearance for the break barrel. I was looking at the UTG 4-16x40 AO scope. Opinions?
You should be good to go, at my age and eyesight I wanted/needed a larger scope to zoom in to get close and personal. Eye relief is good with mine but the scope is adjusted as far back as it can go; I actually could have used a 2 pc. offset to bring it back closer to my eye but at the time there were no 1" low offsets available.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I have and love them plus CCI CB shorts out of my old Marlin b/a. Bagged 3 raccoons with single head shots w/CB shorts under 20 yrds. during the summer before last; they were destroying our bird feeders at night. I sat in wait in the porch blind on several occasions from midnight to 4:30 am and the neighbors never heard the rifle go off.
Pretty amazing rounds and negated my want for an air rifle. Sound like a mouse cough thru my silencer.
20191010_121845.jpg

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Speaking of squirrels they have been a plague on our song bird feeders which is why I got back into air rifles. For a couple of years there were just the 2's & 3's per year but the year before last I bagged 17, last year 26 and 1 so far this year. Those vermin were multiplying worse than rabbits and destroying my wife's favorite feeders; those weren't cheapo feeders either.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,711 Posts
Just a mention, in my case, living here in the woods, squirrels are a near infinite source of bird feeder gymnastics. But, if this COVID-19 gets much worse, I'll consider them a fresh meat supply.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts