My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my LT2000 out early today finishing up some mowing. Used the leaf blower to clean the deck. Put the LT away. Decided to finish rototilling the garden and found a spring about 3 inches long laying on the driveway. Now I figured it's to the tiller(MTD) , LT2000, or my 2001 Pontiac Montana! The spring looks like a blade stop spring. I check the LT and springs are there. I don't think it fell off the rototiller. Everything on all equipment seems to work, I am hoping my use of the leaf blower to clean the deck there was a spare spring the was lodge some were and just show up.:fing20:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I bet those pesky neighbor kids tossed it on your driveway just to watch you talk to yourself and peak into and under your machinery! (Just kidding!)

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
:fing20: And here I thought you found a natural water spring.

Maybe look at a parts blow up online to see if it belongs somewhere on your tractor, mower deck or tiller ??

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,186 Posts
:fing20: And here I thought you found a natural water spring.
Me too. Thought you might have been plowing the garden and sunk axle deep in mud from natural spring.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
It may have fallen off an airplane that flew overhead.
Yup - it happens - my sister-in-laws house had a pair of pliers stuck in the siding up on the second floor. We finally concluded they fell off a plane. Plenty of them going overhead, since she's near a large airport. They heard a loud thump during the night, and next morning the pliers were there.

·
Junk Collector
420 Posts
I'm not sure if the brake assembly on the LT2000 is the same as one my 80's Craftsman II, but if it is it could be the return spring. I had to grab one off of one of my parts tractors after I noticed that the brake was dragging on mine...I never did find out where that spring went.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts