My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Daryl G
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some clearing by the creek earlier today. Last year, I postponed the cutting and the growth was waist-high. It was much more manageable this time around. Now, I only have do do another 1,000 feet of the bank clearing... Well, this is the reason I sought out these fine, old, and very capable machines!

·
Registered
136 Posts
That looks real good , I have a G110 and a scyclemower , there great for places where I would be afraid to take a tractor

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
+1

These machines are still awesome :)

·
Daryl G
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How's your paint job holding up? Mine is chipping off.
evsnova74,
The paint job is holding up AMAZINGLY!!! I attribute this to using hardener with the paint when I was spraying it (because I know it was not my superior painting skills) plus I spent a fair amount of time with the prep work. There has been no issues with ANY paint chipping off and I have spent a lot of time with this machine. There is much grime/dirt on the transmission because of oil seepage past the old seals but it just wipes off leaving the paint intact. Heck, regardless of how careful I am, I often manage to still spill some gas on the tank when refilling but that paint, too, is all intact. A Harbor Freight HVLP sprayer, catalyst paint hardener from Tractor Supply, and Rustoleum paint was certainly the ticket for me for this application - four years and over two hundred hours of run time!

·
Registered
842 Posts
The only thing I own that I like as well as the Gravely is my fly rod. Your place would pose a great quandary for me!

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I think of gravely I think of a walk behind but I guess they make other equipment , I have never seen a gravely walk behind in Kentucky seen David brown and my grillo .

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow , just saw the picture it's a walk behind , that's good just worked my grillo 110 walk behind like a rented mule all the zombie proof parts are still there the rest didn't need them anyway .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts