My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For several years I 've been looking at different foam markers for my 40 gallon sprayer. I've looked for them at auctions and priced new and they're not cheap. I also checked & looked at TSC, FF, Rual King for colorants with no luck. I've just recently found a product from http://www.brandtconsolidated.com/specialtyFormulations/products/adjuvants/foam_markers.html
and ordered a case and will get it sometime next week. This should solve my problem of overlapping and missing spots. I'm looking foward to using this and will keep you posted on how it works out. slkpk

·
Prefers the color GREEN
69 Posts
slkpk,

who did u order from? TSC has a colorant (qt bottle) on the shelf, but the salesman had no experience or idea how to add, or use it.... I'm gonna need it next month!!!

michael

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Looks good, hopefully it will work as advertised..

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I went to the Farm stores and asked about the colorant they had know idea what I was talking about. I ordered my from the local Brandt dealer. They only sell it by the case and so I got plenty that should last a long time. slkpk

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
So how much was it?

Since I see it is a super concentrate, how much do you use per 40 gallons?

·
Registered
232 Posts
slkpk,

Obviously you plan on using it on your lawn? When you use it, let us know how it works out. If it works I'll have to order some. Good thread. :goodl:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how much was it?

Since I see it is a super concentrate, how much do you use per 40 gallons?
It was $200 for the case of 12 quarts shipped to the house. I got a call today from my local TSC and they can order it for $25.99 per quart. I told them thanks but no thanks. As for how much you use I don't know, the application rate should be on the bottles I'm guessing. slkpk

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slkpk,

Obviously you plan on using it on your lawn? When you use it, let us know how it works out. If it works I'll have to order some. Good thread. :goodl:
I will let you know how it works out as soon as the weather breaks around here. I'm going to use liquid fertilizer this spring and see how it does. Any suggestions on a good liquid fertilizer to use? slkpk

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
davidg, I promise to keep yall updated as soon as possible. slkpk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any suggestions on a good liquid fertilizer to use? slkpk
hi slkpk,
I worked for ChemLawn several years back, right when they were going out of business in this area. I helped the local buyer setup the new company.

The secret ingredients are "Urea" and the Herbicide for a specific lawn type. The Urea mix ratio was consistent for most lawn types.

Your local Farm Co-op should be able to supply it, it is a controlled substance. The Farm Co-op should also be able to supply mix charts for area coverage at specific Flow Rates. (I think it was 100lbs to 300 gallons of water for calculated volume applied to area coverage)

I hope your spray system has a good tank agitator, Urea is granular but blends in pretty quick. My one time mistake was adding to many granules at once, clogging the suction hose (was dumping 100 lb sacks). With a PTO Pump, the granules can be added with the system circulating, pre-dissolve granules for mix if diaphragm pump is used.

Learning the correct application procedure was the Fun, applying the stuff was work dragging that 300 foot hose walking out the coverage. And now, spraying with a my tractor is a real pleasure.

Good Luck
Rhett

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi slkpk,
I worked for ChemLawn several years back, right when they were going out of business in this area. I helped the local buyer setup the new company.

The secret ingredients are "Urea" and the Herbicide for a specific lawn type. The Urea mix ratio was consistent for most lawn types.

Your local Farm Co-op should be able to supply it, it is a controlled substance. The Farm Co-op should also be able to supply mix charts for area coverage at specific Flow Rates. (I think it was 100lbs to 300 gallons of water for calculated volume applied to area coverage)

I hope your spray system has a good tank agitator, Urea is granular but blends in pretty quick. My one time mistake was adding to many granules at once, clogging the suction hose (was dumping 100 lb sacks). With a PTO Pump, the granules can be added with the system circulating, pre-dissolve granules for mix if diaphragm pump is used.

Learning the correct application procedure was the Fun, applying the stuff was work dragging that 300 foot hose walking out the coverage. And now, spraying with a my tractor is a real pleasure.

Good Luck
Rhett
:thanku: . slkpk

·
Plow Day Man!
409 Posts
i found some in gemplers $41.50 per gallon, $39.50 if you order 4 or more. 1/2 ounce treats one gallon, or 1 qt per 75-100 gal.

they also have quick solupaks that treat 50 gallons per pack for $69.70 per case of 12.

don't know shipping, good luck

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:thanku: slkpk
i found some in gemplers $41.50 per gallon, $39.50 if you order 4 or more. 1/2 ounce treats one gallon, or 1 qt per 75-100 gal.

they also have quick solupaks that treat 50 gallons per pack for $69.70 per case of 12.

don't know shipping, good luck

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Prefers the color GREEN
69 Posts
I will let you know how it works out as soon as the weather breaks around here. I'm going to use liquid fertilizer this spring and see how it does. Any suggestions on a good liquid fertilizer to use? slkpk
if you look up Penn State University agricuiltural website, turfgrass management, they have online books and info on lawn types and what chemicals control specific weeds... ans TSC sells them all for mix in your sprayer... the website is:

http://turfgrassmanagement.psu.edu/homelawns.cfm

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my Big Foot SS today. It came in 12 plastic 1 quart bottles. Blue in color and 6-10 ounces treats 100 gallons. Looking forward to using it. slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,151 Posts
I got my Big Foot SS today. It came in 12 plastic 1 quart bottles. Blue in color and 6-10 ounces treats 100 gallons. Looking forward to using it. slkpk
Be sure to let us know how it works out! :)

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
http://store.interstateproducts.com/products/Fertilizers
I'm going to try the 16-8-4 this spring and see how it does. I need to add more P & K to the soil according to my soil test.
http://www.learn2grow.com/gardeningguides/fertilizer/basics/understandingfertilizernumbers.aspx
I have a 175 lb Agri-Fab spreader and it does a good job in the open areas. I hoping to get better control in around the flower beds, shrubs, garden and keep the fertilizer off of the concrete drive and sidewalk by using the sprayer. It will be interesting using liquid this year compared to dry fertilizer. I believe I need to get different spray tips for this liquid fertilizer. It's unreal how many different size spray tips are on the market and for different applications. It's an amazing thing to read your different manuals during the winter months. slkpk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts