My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was brush hogging with my 1520 and got stuck twice.The pics are when I was stuck in the pond but the second time I got stuck is where I ran into trouble.The second time I got stuck I was down below the pond and was leaning pretty bad with two wheels on dry ground and two in the muck.I had my GMC truck hooked to the tractor with a stretch rope and my wife behind the wheel of the truck.I got pulled out real easy but my wife did not want to stop so not thinking, I pushed in the clutch and the tractor took off like a shot.I was in Lo Lo so guess what happened to my tractor?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hmm.. lo-lo, yanked by a snatch strap at speeds in multiples of the selected gear with the clutch disengaged?

I'm guessing you have a gernaded clutch now!

This would be an excellent use for the removable winch I can attach to the front or rear of the tractor!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm.. lo-lo, yanked by a snatch strap at speeds in multiples of the selected gear with the clutch disengaged?

I'm guessing you have a gernaded clutch now!

This would be an excellent use for the removable winch I can attach to the front or rear of the tractor!
You are correct sir,my clutch went poof! I would never insult my wife by using a wench to replace her.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
username where are you at in PA??

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
you had the clutch disengaged; so that was just like being in Neutral; I dont see how it killed; now had the clutch been ENGAGED (pedal "out") I could see how it would be damaged;

·
MTF Member
425 Posts
Username
Ow, what does it take to replace the clutch?
good thing that Ford was not an N, it would be there a month!
Wow, I just choked, thanks...is it back in yet?
DMAC

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
you had the clutch disengaged; so that was just like being in Neutral; I dont see how it killed; now had the clutch been ENGAGED (pedal "out") I could see how it would be damaged;
With the tractor in low/low the driven disk of the clutch would have to rotate many times to turn the drive axle once. When the clutch was disengaged this allowed the tractor to shoot forward which sped up the drive axle. This in turn spun the driven disk, which was disengaged from the pressure plate and flywheel, at high RPM's. Centrifugal force tore the driven disk apart.

Least that's how it sounds to me.

Glad no injuries resulted from flying parts.

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts