My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Old Craftsman II finally gave up the ghost earlier in some 1ft thicks back behind my fence.. the Right blade spindle locked up and the left isn't far behind from what i can tell. I knew they were getting a little loose but it seems like "a little loose" became sloppy loose very quick. So if anyone can point me in the direction of a part number or possibly a link i'd appreciate it. BTW its a 12hp, 38" cut. i can give a pic of the mower but i dont know the exact model number.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Throw up a pic, we'll figure it out. Once we get a model # you can get parts schematics at searspartsdirect.com. After you get the spindle number, odds are you can get the part much cheaper somewhere else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do beleive i found it! :) Since the pics of my mower are on my other computer, i decided to google search it to find a pic to post. Happens that i found one, and miraculously the site had my Model number in the picture's filename. Its a Model #917.255741. Also i found that the original part# had been discontinued (105891X), but there is a Substitute :). Part number 121687X, and i also found it for 38 bux each on Amazon (If anyone happens to know a cheaper place let me know). So all in all i'm pretty happy with a 2 second google search. Also happened to find a PDF Version of my User Manual, that also happens to have the part blow ups and Numbers. :trink39:

·
Registered
47 Posts
You might try here: http://tewarehouse.com/7-04254
I've had very good luck with Tulsa Warehouse...I buy most of my parts there.

I do beleive i found it! :) Since the pics of my mower are on my other computer, i decided to google search it to find a pic to post. Happens that i found one, and miraculously the site had my Model number in the picture's filename. Its a Model #917.255741. Also i found that the original part# had been discontinued (105891X), but there is a Substitute :). Part number 121687X, and i also found it for 38 bux each on Amazon (If anyone happens to know a cheaper place let me know). So all in all i'm pretty happy with a 2 second google search. Also happened to find a PDF Version of my User Manual, that also happens to have the part blow ups and Numbers. :trink39:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts