My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, Im looking at a s19 for sale. The guy wants $100 for it. Frame and all is ruff but solid. The hood is there but rotting out at the hinges, and the fenders are missing. No attachments. Just plain jain tractor, with tire chains. I didnt look long enough to find the year all I know is s19 8hp kohler, and 4 speed trans.

It does not run however I got it started with some love juice. so it at least needs a good carb cleaning

So is it worth $100 to sell for a profit once it runs. I know a little about speedex but not alot, not sure if the s19 is one of the popular model that people look for?

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,299 Posts
I attached a photo to give you a better idea what it may/may not be missing in case you hadn't seen one. In my view, Speedex tractors are desirable. I would be concerned about how badly damaged that hood is and how much is missing. How's the tires/rims? That could be a very big plus/minus. With good rubber, workable tin and a running motor, to me there's certainly no downside at $100.00 IMO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rims are great. One front tire is shot the others are good. I actually wanted to keep it but with missing fenders and work need to the hood I think I am better off selling. I am more of a motor guy not a metal guy. By any chance is the s24 fender the same. I have access to a pair of those. I know the hood isn't but not sure on fenders

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wish I was closer to you, I am trying to pull parts together for restroration of my Late Dads S-19. It is a great tractor and ours has been used for years, dad wore it out a couple times and re rebuilt it. that old B&S iron engine is one tough piece of power house. If you decide to let any speedex parts go give me ahollar. I really right now neeed a set of rear rims and tires. Ours are so dry rotted and rusted they no longer hold air. Tim, Aberdeen, Md

1 - 6 of 6 Posts