My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed another small problem with the 8240 recently. The speed lever will gradually slip and let the RPMs drop - slightly. It's not as sudden, as you'd expect. Once I realize they've dropped, reaching down and sliding the lever fully back into place, will bring them right back.

·
5,857 Posts
Hi! Just checking the parts diagram for your mower and it would appear that the lever is pretty much the standard one for the F carbs. When you slide it to each end (slow or fast) it should lock in. If it does not then just replace the lever as the ends may be broken or bent out where they wont grab the ends. A very simple and inexpensive fix. Bill

https://www.shoplawnboy.com/Comerge...illustrationID=314280&drawingTitle=Carburetor Group

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

Just took a gander at the diagram, too. I think you're right about the ends being a bit worn, so that they don't fail completely, they just slip a bit.... just enough. I suppose this thing is kinda like its owner at this point.......

Did you manage to reach high ground during the mini-flood of '13?

·
5,857 Posts
Hi! No problem from the Mississippi flood for us although we had a project going for some volleyball courts at one of the city parks and Duck Creek was out of it's banks for a while after all the rain we had and kind of slowed things up a bit. Hope you get that speed control issue resolved. Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts