My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
New B-10 Owner
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still trying to get this hooked up right....
I got the speed control cable hooked up as it should be to the vertical shaft. It now goes up and down as it should

HOWEVER, none of those cables attach to the carb? So how does the speed control effect the carb?? There is a shaft hooked up to the carb, but it connects to the doohicky lever at the bottom. The doohicky lever doesn't move, but this appears to be a fixed lever that the little springs are attached to.

Does anyone have a diagram that shows how this should be put together? I have the service manual but there isn't a diagram of this that I can find.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
Typically, the throttle cable goes to the governor assembly, and the governor controls the carb. You don't have direct control over the carb, you "suggest" an engine speed to the governor with your throttle lever, and the governor controls the throttle plate according to load, etc. It's a sort of balancing act between your throttle setting and the engine RPMs.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
I don't know what it is that you're calling the governor lever, but I think that you should be able to move the parts without forcing them. However, the lever that's attached to a shaft the enters the crankcase probably won't move, since it's connected internally to a flyball type mechanism. Don't force it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts