My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to fire up the 10590 today and no start. Pulled the plug and it was dripping wet. Checked for spark...none. Disconnected the mulch plug switch....no spark. Pulled the oil level switch....no spark. Dang it. Will have to dig deeper. But at least the 7268 fired up on the 2nd pull and ran like a dream. I love the F series.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Another reason to keep 10-12 mowers around....you just never know when one will fail ya...:fing32:

Ten bucks says its the dumb cd pack...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
345 Posts
I wouldn't bet on that, the throttle works very easily on one of my M's, went to start and no spark, got lucky and spotted the disconnected throttle cable before tearing into it. I didn't realize how smooth the throttle really was till I noticed it was un-hooked, re-hooked hit choke and Shazzam, she fired right up.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Same problem on the same model earlier this spring. All contacts tested fine, cleaned the CDI pack contacts, no apparent cracks, but still no fire (that fuel/oil housing tank mount nut gets aggravating after three removals and re-installs within one afternoon, doesn't it?)

Ordered a new CDI but *really* needed to mow. Tried the old baking trick... woohoo! she's still running on it today. The new CDI is collecting dust on the shelf, but having a backup is good. Good luck with yours.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
Just be careful changing the CD pack. Lots of linkages and oil lines etc to screw up if you dont take your time to observe.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Good point FT. The oil pump assembly on these are quite simple and straight forward in terms of operation. Having the manual handy or downloading it will surely help out should something come apart or you want more knowledge on the setup. I've had mine apart on my 591 about 3 times now. I fully understand the principle and design of this system. Good for any owner of the M to know. I highly encourage any M owners with the injection system to pull the flywheel and remove the oil pump cover for inspection, cleaning and relubing of the nylon drive gear. Other than that, this system is maintenance free. Sorry to get off the topic fellas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts