My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the spare hydraulic capacity normally used for the lift cylinder sufficient to power a hydraulic hoist when the tractor is not doing anything else?

What is the output specs on the lines to the control valve? The hoist uses a 3" diameter hydraulic pump (to be replaced) and has a 3:1 gear reduction. Looking to lift 2000lbs. The hoist's core is about 3" diameter.

Must say I didn't look but I am guessing the cylinder is single acting, so just what kind of valve do we have on there?? 4 way, 3 way, suitable for power up and controlled down-unfurling??

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Is the spare hydraulic capacity normally used for the lift cylinder sufficient to power a hydraulic hoist when the tractor is not doing anything else?

What is the output specs on the lines to the control valve? The hoist uses a 3" diameter hydraulic pump (to be replaced) and has a 3:1 gear reduction. Looking to lift 2000lbs. The hoist's core is about 3" diameter.

Must say I didn't look but I am guessing the cylinder is single acting, so just what kind of valve do we have on there?? 4 way, 3 way, suitable for power up and controlled down-unfurling??

Thanks.
The charge pump is rated 1.5GPM and 500 PSI. With a 3" cylinder it can produce 3.14 * 1.5^2 * 500 = 3532lbs of force. It'll be slow moving, though -- less than 1 inch per second.

The lift cylinder is double acting.

A 3" cylinder holds a lot of fluid so you'll want to make sure that you check your fluid level in your transmission with the cylinder both extended and retracted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, that pretty much precludes using it for the smallest of Hyd motors.

An electric hoist it is then, saves me a lot of work too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts