My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jacques
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I would wondering to know if the space to post manuals is an issue or how many space we can use.

Jacques

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Jacques

I'm sure admin could answer this better than me, but I think we should be OK useing the library as a holding site and linking from here.

What did you have in mind?

·
Jacques
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
You are right. I just discovered we have to send the manuals to the Admin, that I believe is a very good methode to manage the library.

I hahe some Owner Manuals that I am in the process of sorting them before offering the list to the forum.

Do you use Exceed or similar program to convert the files in pdf?

I will let you know for the manuals,
Jacques

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hi Jacques
I used ghostscript to convert the files. I don't think it matters what software you use.

I have the 1050, 1253, 600,800,900, owner's manuals sent to the admin to be posted. So anything else you have would be great!

Good idea to see what we each have. This way we don't all spend our time making the same ones.

Do you have any other manuals? Maybe a wisconsin TRA-12D or some tecumseh or briggs?

We already have the tubeframe repair manual posted. I know aegt5000 has the large frame manual and I think he has the hydro manuals as well.

If you could make a list of any bolens literature you have, that would be great.

·
Jacques
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sixshows,
I have some parts list manual for some riding models that are not on the Sonny's Site as : 528, 628, 830
Aslo :
- Parts list for LT8 and 11, G11LT (1011GM) and H11LT 1011HM,
- Service Manual for the LT series,
- G16YT (2016G), 942 FS11 parts list,
- Owner's Manual for the ST-125 to ST-180
- Service and Maintenance Instruction for :
Eaton 6 with Peerless 1301
Eaton Model 10 Hydro and transaxle
Eaton Model 12 " "
Wisconsin S-10D, S-12D and S-14D
- Transaxle manual for 3 speeds 600 to 900 Husky (Nice pictures with more details than the Tube Frame Serv. Man.
- Few Owner's Manual for some Q series tractors and few implements
- Parts list for some Q series implement
- Q series Service Manual
- Owner's Manual for 1220, 1453 (H14) and 1456 (H16)

For the engines, I have the Yard and Garden Tractor Service Manual, One and Two cylinder edition (edited by Intertec). The two manual are still available from Amazone .com and other book stores and some time on eBay. The book covers several garden tractor brands and engines for the most commonly needs.

Scanning and working on the picture to make them ready to post all the books would need several hours so I would do it if someone need it, then some other with the time.

I had planed to post the manuals on my Bolens Site, but I had some health problems last three years and couldn't. The space was also an issue.

Most of the manuals was given me by an old Bolens dealer, with the promess I will share with other peoples that need it so I continue to try keeping my promess.

Aslo, if I know a Manual can be bought somewhere, I yould prefer to give only the reference because I don't want to harm some business.

My excuse for the long message and just let me know what is the more important at this time.

Have a good day,
Jacques

·
MTF member
9 Posts
Converting manuals to PDF

Jacques / Sixchows;
A really easy software for PDF creation is PDF995.
It is free, and works well. I have used it for some time now.
http://www.pdf995.com/link.html

(I am not affiliated with this company, just trying to help)

Thanks for the online Bolens info, it has been a great help to me.

Cheers;
Len (Ontario)

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
our thoughts on manuals:

our thoughts on manuals:

i think its a great reference to have at MTF where we can post links or the actual manuals.

We ask that prior to sending (if possible) get them as small as possible diskspace wise - just to conserve server space. And we ask that if the manuals are posted somewhere else on line - for example at the manufacturer.. then just talk to us and we will post a link to them as opposed to reposting somethgnig that laready exists out there.

Presently the reference library is closed to public posting - only mods have access to it. This was done simply to keep responses and discussions from filling the threads and making it harder to find the manuals.

So if you guys have them, and you feel they would be of interest on need to the public.. Feel free to send them our way... [email protected] my email address or to any of the other mods and we will post them and give you credit for the submission.
ps. it may take a few days to get them all posted..

·
Jacques
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,
Thank to let us know the rules about posting manual. Some basic tips can be posted to get a fairly printable copy while using less space as possible.

Thank Len for the link (I downloaded it while writing this message). I will see if the spondered windows are irritating.

Thank again,
Jacques

·
MTF member
9 Posts
Hi Jacques;
If you do the PDF create while offline, it is simply a delay instead of a sponsor advert. Price is right!!

Len

1 - 9 of 9 Posts