My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking that you guys have had a thread on no spark on an old sovereign already. if so can you lead me to it? i tried a search, but i don't have the patience. this is what it looked like up til this morning. i cut out most of the unknown wiring. see the po had a winch to lift the plow. stock ignition swich is replaced with a pull switch and a push button. i have power to the far left termnal on the voltage regulatr (from the view of driving)

the wire coming up out of the motor (never really sure where those ever went, the points? magneto?) doesn't go to any thing. tried grounding it (like it seems to be on all my broadmoors) but that didn't help

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
On simplicitys there is a magneto and points there is no coil. I belive there is supposed to be wires from magneto to points and form points to the generator. i will look at mine later and post some pictures.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hopefully this diagram may help you out. Don't ya just love working with wiring someone has messed up.:fing20:

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
There is a wire from the magneto coming out from under the cowl that goes to the points, a wire coming from the on/off switch that grounds the points and stops the engine, and a wire from the condensor that also goes to the points. The points and condensor are under the same cover.

Hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts