My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reasonable sources for cross-referenced belts? Mower places seem to charge a premium for re-naming a standard belt as the tractor PN.

I looked on http://www.vbeltsupply.com/daycoasectioncrossreference.html for mower belt PN 1185651, 114x1/2 inch. It lists Kevlar coated belt AP112 114x1/2 outside dimensions for about $16, shipping was $12 UPS. Is that reasonable?

man, shipping is getting really expensive

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is some hefty shipping. I have bought from them in the past and I thing it was $5 to ship my belt at the time. I would look around to find something less expensive. Ebay might have what you need.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have found the best place, hands down, for belts is Goss Supply Co. They are an industrial supplier for manufacturing companies in Ohio. If you work in a factory or know someone who does, ask the maintenance guys where they get their supplies locally. Motion industries, McMaster Carr, Grainger, some catalog only suppliers who are very reasonable but you will need an inside source with an account for these.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK, Madison Tractor Supply has the belt for $16.16 and shipping is $9.34. That is a bit better.

Goss Supply Co. had so many server errors and 404s so I could not find a single thing. It is late and they might be doing nightly maintenance.

TSC has some online. I could call and find if they have whatever size. Our local store did not impress me as the sharpest spoon in the drawer - usually they ask for a specific tractor brand and PN - but some people there are helpful.

I found some other places with almost matching prices. If the shipping is lower the price is higher.

Huh, Amazon.com has a Dayco BP112 Super Blue Ribbon V-Belt for $18 and free shipping over $25. I did not think to look there.

http://www.advancedsupplylimited.com has exactly the same Dayco BP112 Super Blue Ribbon V-Belt for $6. How is that possible? UPS shipping is $10 (oh. they had only one in stock)

prices are weird.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I have found the best place, hands down, for belts is Goss Supply Co. They are an industrial supplier for manufacturing companies in Ohio. If you work in a factory or know someone who does, ask the maintenance guys where they get their supplies locally. Motion industries, McMaster Carr, Grainger, some catalog only suppliers who are very reasonable but you will need an inside source with an account for these.
No sir you are mistaken Motion Ind., McMaster and Grainger's all have retail outlets so you can walk right in and get what you want in minutes, but if it's out of stock and another store has it they can get it the next day.

Sometimes the same day if you go in early enough.

No account or contacts in a factory needed.

·
Registered
704 Posts
No sir you are mistaken Motion Ind., McMaster and Grainger's all have retail outlets so you can walk right in and get what you want in minutes, but if it's out of stock and another store has it they can get it the next day.

Sometimes the same day if you go in early enough.

No account or contacts in a factory needed.
Thank you for that correction. Let me say that they do not have a store in Zanesville. We order everything by catalog. We do have a Goss though. Thanks again.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Thank you for that correction. Let me say that they do not have a store in Zanesville. We order everything by catalog. We do have a Goss though. Thanks again.
Not a problem and thanks for the tip on Goss I looked at their site, seems like a good resource.

P.S. if you like all 3 of the ones you mentioned have online and mailorder so if you want they are a good also.

I'm lucky we have them here so we can just go there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts