My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a GT-14. The tires are beginning to crack on the sidewalls. I can't seem to find anyone that makes these tires. The fronts are 18x6.5-8 & the rears are 27x9.5-15. Anyone have any sources?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
The tires on my 520-H (1993) are original and are cracking so I just put tubes in all four of them and they hold air fine. If there's good tread left, tubes would be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There is no source for new rear tractor tires in the 15 inch size. Someone may try to sell you a tire that was designed for a bobcat type piece of equipment, but I don't recomend them because the sidewall stiffness is too great. They won't squat down and grip like a low pressure tractor tire. I looked for over 2 years for a set for a close friend that owns a GT-14 that he wants to restore. I lucked out and found a pair of brand new, old stock Goodyear 27 - 9.50 X 15 lugs at a local tire store. They said they had got them at an auction for a Toro/Wheel Horse dealer that died and they auctioned his inventory. The best part was I bought them for $30 a piece. I can only imagine what they would have brought on e-bay if I would have listed them.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
There is no source for new rear tractor tires in the 15 inch size. Someone may try to sell you a tire that was designed for a bobcat type piece of equipment, but I don't recomend them because the sidewall stiffness is too great. They won't squat down and grip like a low pressure tractor tire. I looked for over 2 years for a set for a close friend that owns a GT-14 that he wants to restore. I lucked out and found a pair of brand new, old stock Goodyear 27 - 9.50 X 15 lugs at a local tire store. They said they had got them at an auction for a Toro/Wheel Horse dealer that died and they auctioned his inventory. The best part was I bought them for $30 a piece. I can only imagine what they would have brought on e-bay if I would have listed them.
billyban,

The link oldandred posted above does show these sizes under compact tractor tires. I would think the inch wider or narrower would work, but the price is crazy.

27/8.50-15 4 Carlisle Multi Trac C/S F $152.90
27/8.50-15 6 Carlisle Multi Trac C/S F $187.90
27/8.50-15 6 Firestone Super Traction B $134.90
27/10.50-15 4 Carlisle Multi Trac C/S F $191.90
27/10.50-15 6 Specialty Skid Loader B $141.90

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
chris one needs to call them they have more tires than listed I got a set just a tad biger for one of my 1054s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts