My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a level tractor parking pad for my 1026R and accessories. A level, flat surface is absolutely necessary if you want reliable quick connect/disconnect of the AutoConnect mower deck and the H120 front end loader.

In my confined space, I'm finding out how big this tractor really is.

Check out this video clip.

http://youtu.be/RZ5JsfcHXEw

·
22,335 Posts
It's too bad the ramp doesn't come off the trailer easily. That would give you more manoeuvering room to build a ramp with the fill so that the tractor could get more out of the trailer without worries.

Nice to see someone parking the tractor correctly, with the bucket cutting edge on the ground as a safety brake. :fing32:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's too bad the ramp doesn't come off the trailer easily.
Actually, the ramp comes off the trailer quite easily, but there are 4 pin hinges that don't align anymore after the abuse I have given to this trailer. It would have been a better design to have a solid hinge pin rod all the way across the back of the trailer. With the 4 independent hinge pins, it takes a lot of jacking around, hammering and time (about an hour) before it will go back together again. So I don't do trailer tailgate removal.

Digging the cutting edge of the bucket into the ground is sort of like an additional parking brake. When parked, the 1026R is only held in place by the rear wheels. Even in 4WD, the front wheels only provide a braking assist. The owner's manual is somewhat misleading in their explanation. A sharp lawyer could have a field day with that!

Also storing with the bucket cutting edge down, rain doesn't collect in the bucket. :fing32:

·
22,335 Posts
Also storing with the bucket cutting edge down, rain doesn't collect in the bucket. :fing32:
Around here, it's more of a "keep the bucket from freezing to the ground" issue as well as a parking brake.

The cutting edge is relatively easy to break loose from a couple of inches of ice. The bottom of the bucket... not so much. :banghead3

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Around here, it's more of a "keep the bucket from freezing to the ground" issue as well as a parking brake.
Now that is an extreme "parking brake". Freeze the bucket to the ground. I suppose you can always wait for the spring thaw!

·
22,335 Posts
Yeah, but that 47" bucket isn't the half of it, the rest is the 60" backblade that also freezes to the ground. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but that 47" bucket isn't the half of it, the rest is the 60" backblade that also freezes to the ground. :biglaugh:
Backblade?? I thought it was mandatory to have a snow blower mounted on the 3-pt hitch north of the 49th parallel. :sidelaugh

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Nice video SailorDon! You look like a pro on that big green monster. The pad look great! Thanks for sharing that video with us.:fing32:

·
22,335 Posts
Backblade?? I thought it was mandatory to have a snow blower mounted on the 3-pt hitch north of the 49th parallel. :sidelaugh
Check the map. We're at 46*30'/84*20', a bit south of that line and closer to the Gulf of Mexico than the Arctic Ocean. :biglaugh: I use a loader and a back blade to deal with the fluffy stuff. :fing32:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check the map. We're at 46*30'/84*20', a bit south of that line and closer to the Gulf of Mexico than the Arctic Ocean. :biglaugh: I use a loader and a back blade to deal with the fluffy stuff. :fing32:
Dag nab it! I should have said "North of the border" to be politically correct. :OHCAN :biglaugh:

If I had to deal with snow, I would do the same thing you do. Loader and back blade. No need for another "toy". Snow blowers are for people that like to blow snow. :ROF

·
22,335 Posts
The loader's fine up to 10" of snow. After that, it's work and lots of seat time with a 47" bucket.

I wish I could put my GT's bucket on my SCUT. It's 7" wider and 5" taller, but I don't think the SCUT could handle it as well as the GT.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Well, you made do in a tight spot. :thThumbsU

Now you have a small idea of what it's like working with a tractor in my tight urban environment. Pretty much all maneuvering is like that -- constantly watching over your shoulder to make sure you're not about to back into something or swing the 3PH into a wall, fence, post, house, etc. Three point turns are the norm here.

This is why I wish they'd desing/build a modern tractor with all the functions of the 1026r, but at about 60% the scale. Smaller than the X700 series, too. Something like my old 140 or the 332 in size, but with 4WD, AWS, and FEL capable.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got lucky on scheduling my culvert repair to coincide with my tractor parking pad project.

I made a short video clip.

http://youtu.be/c2gPjYbP5B4

And a couple of photos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts