My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!

After years of following along on MTF (and after some gentle encouragement from Yard Nazi) I finally joined My Tractor Forum.

A little about me...

I have been interested in just about anything with an engine since I was a little kid. Lawnmowers in particular are an obsession of mine. It is either my luck or misfortune that the very first lawn mower I remember as a child was a neighbor's early 70's Lawn-Boy, and I have had a particularly bad case of Lawn-Boy addiction ever since. I used to ride my bicycle to the local small engine shop and pick up every lawn-mower brochure I could carry and then head back home (I can only imagine the conversations that would inspire from the staff). To this day I have quite a collection of old mower brochures in the basement.

The first mower I ever bought was a briggs-powered Jacobsen. The next was a Lawn-Boy utility. In the summer time I would bike to the around the neighborhood and buy mowers from yard sales and haul them home.

My first snowblower was a 1965 simplicity S6 which I completely restored.

My Dad has a small collections of Snow-bird snow blowers

My best friend restores old hit-and-miss engines and owns a 1930's vintage Farmers-CO-OP tractor with a Chrysler straight 6.

I currently have five Lawn-Boys, two Toro's (including one commercial with the excellent Suzuki two stroke) and a few "others".

My biggest problem is my garage is too small.

As you can see, I have the bug bad.

Sorry for the long-winded into. I am looking forward to contributing and continuing to read your excellent posts!

Thanks to everyone for making this an excellent forum!

Cheers,
-Chris.

·
Administrator
21,332 Posts
Hello, Chris, and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here with us.

What part of WI?

Oh, and thanks for becoming a site supporter! Appreciate that a lot.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!

Brad, I'm just south of Madison.
(Someone has to scoop-up all those used Lawn-Boys on Madison Craigslist...)

:)

·
5,862 Posts
Hi Chris! Glad to see you are up and posting already after the commitment to join. Glad to see my gentle persuasion got you to make the leap. This forum has been such a great benefit to me as a learning source, a parts and information source, and of course the friendships that we have all made here. This also a great place to find and sell items as well. I enjoy helping the other members find things for their projects and will continue to do so. Anyway, glad you are aboard with us and again welcome!! Bill

:MTF_wel2:

Also, in case no one has mentioned it the MTF rules state that you can not go longer than 2 weeks without posting pictures of your mowers. Failing to follow the rules can result in members giving you one of these.

:Disgus:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts