My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is actually a mower conditioner Greg, sorry for the mix-up. Some companies call them mo-cos, some haybine, just a matter of where you buy your first as to what you call it. :hide:
This mower cuts a 9 foot swath, runs the hay through between 2 rollers that crack the stalks to speed drying, and puts it into a nice neat row. I'll try to hunt up a picture or 2.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I have for a picture right now is the results of the machine

I'll try to get more pics and put in the tractor barn later.

·
Deceased Oct.-2014
3,014 Posts
I was confused by the thread title and seeing a mower-conditioner.

Back in my haying days I had a Heston PT7 MC. Beats the **** out of a sickle bar mower expecially if you have a heavy cutting and drying conditions are less than desireable.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Partsman, here in central Tenn to my amazement they are getting ready for their 3rd and final cut of the season. Funny how a few 1000 miles can make such a difference in the growing seasons.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, Ernie!!! We haven't been able to get through our first cut yet! The weather has really stunk this month!! The best we can do in this area is 2 cuts at the best!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Whats real funny is the look I got when I said "the 3rd cutting?" and they looked at me as if I was brain dead. I never even saw that in Fl.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Another seasonal thing is the raspberries, blackberries have come and gone and the blueberries are getting fried by the heat wave are soon to be gone also. I hope next season brings some cooler weather so our berry season gets a little more prolonged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts