My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Planning on putting some tail lights in your tractor? The shape of the 318 tail light housings are not extactly rectangular, it's more of a trapezoid with rounded corners. I put a set on a 320 I had back in the early 90s, and I made a cardborad template to make sure the light housings slid in OK, then I used the template to trace the outline onto the fender deck, and carefully made the cutouts.

·
The Missing Goonie
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Planning on putting some tail lights in your tractor? The shape of the 318 tail light housings are not exactly rectangular, it's more of a trapezoid with rounded corners. I put a set on a 320 I had back in the early 90s, and I made a cardboard template to make sure the light housings slid in OK, then I used the template to trace the outline onto the fender deck, and carefully made the cutouts.
Yup. I like how the factory tail lights on the 420 and 318 looks so if they would fit, i'll get them for my 172.

·
Registered
287 Posts
IMHO, these cut-outs for the lites weaken the steel structure....and the lights don't take hits all that well(I have a 316).I would suggest an aftermarket tailite that would be cheaper and just use automotive goop to stick-em to the steel,if you don't want the lites just pull them off ,,,,put the saved cash into a cup holder ! or beer!:trink39: Jim

·
Super Duper Member
1,472 Posts
the rear lights on my 318 quit working 20 years ago...

·
Super Duper Member
1,472 Posts
I don't have the tractor close by. I might be going out there on Saturday. They're not actually broke. They aren't getting any power from the source.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts