My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...and thank god it didn't hit my window!:ROF This is a 1972 model 5021 Lawn-Boy bricktop. My friend found it on the side of the road a few houses down from his house. Since he sits next to me in wood shop at school, he knows I like lawnboys. He got ahold of it for me and I went to pick it up today. He's in for a good finder's fee for this one!:trink40: It did run when I got it home but not so well. I cleaned it's carb out and checked the exhaust ports. The ports where open and the piston was nice and shiny. She runs great now and I drove her into some foot tall grass to test her and she responded great. It only needed a new pull start handle but all I could get for it was an F-engine handle, can't complain. It's push handle is in bad shape and the front wheels are wore out but I have extras. I've never had a brick before and now I know why people like them. They are VERY simple and can power thru the deep stuff. Opps, I've rambled on long enough, time to get back to the breezeway so I can admire it some more.:biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Nice friend!
I like my Brick too(5232). So much that it replaced the 10323!
They sure do have plenty of power!
MU

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Nice mower Croc. Can I borrow your friend?:fing32:

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
You can't beat free! Nice looking mower, they sure are nice! Good find from a friend.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great find. It looks excellent. Is the handle just worn? I would think that that would be expected. This one looks like someone liked this mower and used it for a long time. The patina kind of fits.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The handle is broken in half on both sides where the two sections bolt together. I may weld it or maybe just get a new one. For now I can trade handles back and forth between Lawnboys.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just as I got it, it may be leaving me. A member here is interested in it and he would like to trade me a different bricktop for it. His is an older bricktop with a nice shade of green on it. We shall see what happens.

·
2- Stroke Lawnboy Fan!!!
559 Posts
your lucky man, i cannot fond one like that around here

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
Nice , really nice

1 - 20 of 21 Posts