My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Great looking fleet there. Too bad it's just too far away for most of us. You never know, someone on here may get lucky!!!!!
It's already a done deal - auction was this past weekend. I posted it on the E-Bay/CL portion of the website earlier. Had it been just a tad less than 2800 miles from me, I would've had to make attendance plans. There are a handful of GTCOA members up there, but not many - so I'm thinking some great deals were had. I haven't look at the auction company's webpage yet, to see if they post auction results.

· Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I've heard from a couple guys there are a LOT of 2 wheelers in Alaska. I talked to one guy who bought an entire fleet like that last year. They're still hiding out there! Wish there was a cache like that in Pennsylvania ....
I was gonna call Mark and see if he had a spare C-130 available that could make the trip to AK, but I figured that might put him in the doghouse -again - ha!!

· Registered
1,502 Posts
Hmmm, that same guy in PA is also running an ad for a G-14 that he "needs to sell before winter", also. This one is $1200 and is located in New Oxford, Pa. Do you get the sense something is fishy here?

http://york.craigslist.org/grd/1998155609.html
This guy constantly has Gravelys for sale on Ebay. I think he redoes them just for the fun of it. I have talked to him about a Kohler Magnum engine for sale but he wanted too much for my budget.

His name is Ken an he is not too far from me. About a 1-1/2 hour cruise. Another Gravely would definitely land me in the doghouse.:(

· Registered
2,025 Posts
I was gonna call Mark and see if he had a spare C-130 available that could make the trip to AK, but I figured that might put him in the doghouse -again - ha!!
Rhode Island Air Guard has their nice new "Stretch" C-130J's...

They are an absolute dream to ride in and the power compared to the older E and H models is incredible! I think we could fit a few extra Gravelys with the extended fuselage!

· Gravely bug bit.
8,736 Posts
Rhode Island Air Guard has their nice new "Stretch" C-130J's...

They are an absolute dream to ride in and the power compared to the older E and H models is incredible! I think we could fit a few extra Gravelys with the extended fuselage!
Super Critical props on a slow speed plane. ;) What does it sound like? Am I going to retune my hearing to tell when one is coming in? The older ones were easy to tell. Just like you can always tell a Huey vs a Blackhawk.

· Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I've heard from a couple guys there are a LOT of 2 wheelers in Alaska. I talked to one guy who bought an entire fleet like that last year. They're still hiding out there! Wish there was a cache like that in Pennsylvania ....
Well - looks like this guy managed to win 3 (or maybe more) of the Anchorage auction Gravely's and is trying to turn them. His pricing isn't that bad, but distance is the killer here.

http://alaska.freeshopperads.com/business/gravely-snow-blower-commercial-glad.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.